National Construction Appreciation Week is here. This annual event recognizes the dedicated, hardworking men and women in the construction industry. This year, we will honor the construction workforce from September 13th to September 17th.
I Build America founded National Construction Appreciation Week in 2018 in the hopes of inspiring a national conversation about construction and its important role in supporting the American infrastructure and economy. Celebrated the third week in September, Construction Appreciation Week unites the entire industry, no matter how big a company is or how small, regardless of specialty or scope of work. Everyone who touches the industry deserves recognition, from students learning about the industry to active construction crews to leaders.
We are joining together hundreds of employers representing all aspects of skilled labor and construction work. Together, we will signal to companies, organizations, lawmakers, current employers and prospective employees that we are committed to the future of the construction industry. We will make it known that careers in construction offer great opportunities while giving thanks to the millions of men and women working in the industry who create invaluable products and services for our communities.
Even if you’re not an active member of the industry, you can join us in celebrating National Construction Appreciation Week. Here’s how you can get involved:
- Show your support with stickers, apparel, hats and more from the I Build America Store.
- Share your construction photos on social media using #ThanksForBuilding and #ConstructionAppreciationWeek. Whether while you’re working on the jobsite or just passing by, seeing progress will clearly show the industry’s impact.
- Share official Construction Appreciation Week videos, stories and graphics on social media. Download the National Construction Appreciation Week Toolkit here. Don’t forget to tag I Build America on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Tell everyone you know in the industry you appreciate their work.
- Speak positively about the construction happening in your community, sharing positive construction stories that affected your life.
To kick off the week locally, we hope you can join us at I Build America – Ohio and I Build America – Kentucky for a virtual discussion to highlight our region’s construction workforce on Tuesday, September 14 at 1pm. Register here.